Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer for USAID DOBRE Program/ Старший спеціаліст з моніторингу, оцінки та навчання в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer to be based in Kyiv.
The Sr. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will work closely with the MEL Specialist on the design and implementation of the DOBRE Program Monitoring & Evaluation System. He/she will support development of the system and quality control, help in data collection and analysis, and provide input into monthly and quarterly reports. The Sr. MEL Officer will work closely with regional teams who will provide information and data for the M&E system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the MEL Specialist to implement the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan, including analyzing data to track project indicators, and preparing progress reports to satisfy reporting requirements;
- Supervise completeness and quality of data gathering from local partners;
- Support the M&E Specialist/M&E team to establish, effectively roll out, and update data capture tools and procedures to enable accurate and timely monitoring and reporting, propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Keep MEL standard operations procedures formalized in MEL Manual and internal instructions;
- Help train DOBRE team and partners in use of monitoring tools and applications and propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Oversee DOBRE house-hold surveys in all Cohorts and the comparison group;
- Provide consultations/trainings to DOBRE partner CCs on introduction and use of performance monitoring indicators in CCs programs and plans upon request;
- Collaborate and share monitoring and evaluation expertise with other DOBRE technical assistance components;
- Travel to field sites to follow up independently with program activities;
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of data entered into M&E system;
- Participate in discussions with local officials and communities to establish consistency in the use of indicator definitions and data sources;
- Assist in developing and applying different M&E and learning methods (including monitoring systems, tools for data collection and analysis, evaluations and participatory reviews) and systems for using the learning in program decision-making to improve impact;
- Draft data analysis reports for management;
- Work with the M&E Specialist/M&E team to enhance learning from evaluations and promote monitoring and evaluation systems, and sharing experience/learning;
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to implement and maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts;
- Assist the M&E Specialist/M&E team to prepare drafts of Terms of Reference, project deliverables and other additional technical components of any solicitations for M&E-related contract/sub-agreements;
- Stay updated on developments in monitoring and evaluation trends; approaches to data analysis and visualization, and keep the MEL data base updated to provide all necessary data processing functions;
- Contribute to learning agenda of DOBRE MEL team;
- Contribute to the preparation of the program’s quarterly/annual reports and work plans;
- Help MEL Specialist keep the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and monitoring tools updated based in lessons learned;
- Back up MEL Specialist in the case of his\her absence;
- Monitor, supervise, and coordinate the work of MEL Assistant;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the MEL Specialist or Chief of Party.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning concepts including data collection and analysis;
- Knowledge of M&E databases and analytical software a plus;
- Ability to work with statistical packages preferred.
- Good organizational, inter-personal skills and communication skills;
- Strong writing and public presentation skills, ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Self-motivated and able to meet concrete deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Ability to travel to partner CCs by road/rail on official duties;
- Proficiency in English, Ukrainian and Russian — both written and oral required;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite (especially Excel, Access and similar database software).
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social sciences, public administration, economic development, business administration, planning or related field;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in managing and reporting on the applications of quantitative and qualitative information management methods of local and international projects; managing information systems;
- Proven knowledge and experience in utilizing applications for the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Experience in program start-up and in establishing M&E systems a plus.
Candidates are asked to submit their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line by COB November 27, 2020.