Senior Expert: IT, Database administrator (Category 2) в Офіс підтримки реформ (RST) Міністерства розвитку громад та територій України
Senior Expert: IT, Database administrator (Category 2)
1.Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine (MCTD) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by international donors to provide targeted technical support and assists the MCTD in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry’s priorities and relevant donor support.
The main reform areas that the RST will be dealing with are focused on the design and implementation of energy efficiency reform, utilities sector reform, housing policy reform, comprehensive construction industry reform and PAR, as stipulated by Ukraine’s commitments to the EU Association Agreement.
The main purpose of the RST for the IT Team is to support in achieving strategic goals in digital transformation projects in the Ministry and in providing assistance focused on key reform priorities:
- Organisational and IT capacity building;
- IT strategy and Action Plan development;
- Updating the Business Process Analysis and Reporting System;
- IT projects implementation;
- Introduction of cybersecurity;
- Development of internal rules and procedures related to IT project management.
2.Position and reporting line
A highly qualified professional is needed to draft, supervise and support the necessary products (documents) related to the IT Reform. The Senior Expert on Construction Sector Reform will work in close cooperation with Directorate for Strategic Planning and European Integration, IT Department.
The Senior Expert will be subordinated to the RST IT Senior Project Manager.
3.Duration and proposed timeframe
The initial consultancy assignment is expected to start in June 2021 and has an estimated duration of up to 3 months. This assignment has an opportunity for extension for another 12 months, subject to the donors funding availability, consultant’s performance and the specific needs of the RST.
4.Main Duties, Responsibilities and Deliverables
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Discuss the project goals with stakeholders;
- Manage the requirements and delegate the tasks;
- Technically control and review the completion of tasks;
- Present the solution to stakeholders;
- Migrate database objects, code, auxiliary scripts, and data from different databases to PostgreSQL;
- Participate in the database development;
- Provide performance tuning of migrated/developed applications on the target database;
- Write test scenarios and tests for the database player;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the RST Director.
Main anticipated deliverables:
- Software installation and maintenance are provided;
- The Business Process Analysis and Reporting System introduced;
- Database backup and recovery is configured;
- Сonstant work with data: extraction, transformation and loading;
- Specialized data processing is configured;
- Identified potential weaknesses of the database software and the Ministry’s overall system and work to minimise risks;
- Capacity planning to handle the extra workload is developed and provided;
- Permanent monitoring databases for performance issues is conducted.
5.Qualifications, Skills and Experience
5.1.Qualifications and skills:
Degree and/or relevant post-graduate qualifications in relevant area(s);
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced PC literacy.
5.2.General professional experience:
Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (minimum 5 years);
- Preferably more than 3 years of experience with database development;
- Preferably more than 3 years of experience with PostgreSQL.
5.3.Specific professional experience:
Experience in installing, configuring DB servers PostgreSQL 9.6 and higher;
- Experience in organising PostgreSQL backup and recovery;
- Knowledge of SQL at the level required for DBMS administration;
- Experience with data warehouse, BI, ETL systems as must;
- Experience with one or more databases from the list: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, Sybase ASE, DB2, NoSQL will be a plus;
- Experience in database administering and DevOps will be a plus;
- Architectural knowledge and substantial practical experience in database application development;
- Proficiency in data modelling and writing the stored code;
- Proven experience in the performance tuning of database servers;
- Practical experience with clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP);
- Participation in enterprise-level projects.
The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account (MDA). Contributors to the MDA are Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, the largest donor.
Please note, selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by 16 of May 23:59 (Kyiv time), 2021 to [email protected]
All submissions must include:
- a completed Application Form;
- a completed NDA Form;
- the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae;
- Reference Letter from a recent supervisor (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who, if contacted, can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are fully completed will be considered.
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates may be invited to the tests. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.