Програмний асистент: USAID/OTI Ukraine Сonfidence Building Initiative II is looking for qualified individuals to fill the short-term position of Field Program Assistant (FPA) – Zakarpattya
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, implementing USAID’s Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II) Project, solicits expressions of interest for short-term (up to three months in duration) field program assistants (FPA) to lead socio-political assessments and reporting efforts in Zakarpattya oblast. UCBI II provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance to Ukrainian governmental and non-governmental partners in support of a successful, peaceful democratic transition and community cohesion in the wake of the conflict and deepened social tensions.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Report on socio-political context and assist UCBI II to assess the local situation to understand activity opportunities per program objectives and clusters.
- Assist core UCBI II program development staff to identify and conceptualize new potential activities that are appropriate to respond to the current Ukrainian political situation and UCBI II’s established program goals and objectives.
- Facilitate communication between UCBI II staff, prospective grantees and other program beneficiaries.
- Organize regional meetings with grantees, focus groups, community leaders and members.
- Report on relevant community or regional meetings, possibly with translation of relevant documents.
- Assist with any ad hoc procurement logistics and coordination needs that may arise.
- Conduct research and information gathering for activity development and other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel throughout Ukraine.
- Candidate must reside within Zakarpattya Oblast.
- Candidate must be thoroughly familiar with the socio-political situation in Zakarpattya Oblast, at both the Oblast and local levels—Zakarpattya region.
- Knowledgeable of and capable of working within local communities and with local government stakeholders.
- Prior experience working with NGOs and/or local communities and/or youth groups preferred.
- Candidate must be organized, proactive, professional, able to work independently, and have well-developed analytical skills.
- Candidate must be able travel throughout GOU-controlled territory of Ukraine and have access to transportation.
- Native fluency in Russian/Ukrainian required; professional functionality in English highly desirable.
- Computer fluency, including MS Word, Excel, e-mail, internet research, and social media platforms.
- University degree required.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by December 17, 2018. Please put the position you are applying for (“Field Program Assistant – Zakarpattya”) in the subject line and include your CV, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”