Procurement consultant-Coordinator for Amalgamated Territorial Communities (ATCs) for USAID DOBRE Program/Консультант-координатор із закупівельної діяльності для об’єднаних територіальних громад (ОТГ) в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities is seeking qualified short-term consultant for USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency Program (DOBRE):
POSITION: Procurement consultant for Amalgamated Territorial Communities (ATCs) (coordinator)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 9 months
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: ATCs located in Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, Kirovohrad, Mykolaiv, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Ternopil oblasts
LOE (Level of Effort) DAYS: up to 50 LOE days
Global Communities is implementing the USAID funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) program in Ukraine. Launched in 2016, this 5-year project is helping leaders of newly formed ATCs to effectively manage resources, increase the quality of public services, stimulate local economies, and improve citizen engagement.
DOBRE has the goal of enabling these new ATCs to thrive and prosper, while serving as a model and motivation to other cities working to amalgamate. As one strategy to achieve this, DOBRE will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of financial management systems and processes in its partner ATCs.
The purpose of this task is to coordinate the work of the group of consultants in improving the skills and competences of the representatives of ATCs in procurement procedures. This training will help to enhance understanding of the procurement process among the representatives of the ATCs; focus on the theoretical and practical aspects of procurement procedures; develop the capacity of training participants to prepare the necessary documentation within the procurement process.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC TASKS:
DOBRE will select applicants capable of coordinating the work of short-term consultants in providing trainings, assistance and other tasks for improving procurement process in DOBRE selected communities in 7 oblasts (Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, Kirovohrad, Mykolayiv, Ivano-Frankivsk and Ternopil).
Specific tasks for improving procurement process at the local level:
Task 1: To develop the methodology of training and workbook that will be used during the training by participants and reflect the main training issues. The workbook will contain a set of practical tips, recommendations, tools and templates on procurement process for ATCs.
The specific questions of the training will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Overview of the changes to procurement legislation
- Tender documentation, tender provision.
- Non-price criteria for procurements.
- Pre-threshold procurements, open tenders, negotiation procedure.
- An appeal of the conducted procurements.
- Control and responsibility in the public procurement system.
The list of questions for the training may vary depending on the ATCs requests.
Task 2: To develop a handbook with recommendations on the application of new procurement law by communities.
Task 3: Based on the results of the trainings, the consultant will report to DOBRE M&E system and develop the M&E report. Provide weekly reports to DOBRE Technical Expert on the work done and the number of consultations provided.
Task 4: To prepare a summary report based on reports from short-term consultants on procurement and results of trainings.
The selected applicants are expected to produce deliverable(s) related to the specific Task(s) described above:
- Methodology of training and workbook for the trainings are developed.
- Timeline for conducting trainings with the involvement of short-term consultants on procurement, experts and program specialists of DOBRE and wishes of ATCs is prepared.
- Report with action plan for solving/correcting each gap, weakness, and bottleneck identified in procurement process area in ATCs is developed.
COORDINATION AND SUPERVISION:
To ensure the fulfillment of the above tasks, the Consultant will:
- Liaise and ensure constant communication/coordination with DOBRE project team and
consultants/experts regarding all aspects of the assignment to ensure coordinated inputs into the
result-oriented training and coaching of the representatives of ATC;
- Submit all the deliverables for review, comments and approval to DOBRE project team as
· Hold consultations and briefings with DOBRE project team as requested.
In case of request from ATCs and DOBRE for additional consultations, as well as due performance of tasks, the contract can be extended.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Global Communities will select consultants based on meeting the following criteria:
- Experience and knowledge of procurement process, preferably at the local level.
- Proven knowledge of decentralization processes;
- Previous experience (or ability to demonstrate the capacity) of working with the amalgamated communities, coordination of expert groups;
- Working level of English language is highly preferred.
To apply please send your CV as well as a cover letter with summary of your experience as described above to [email protected] indicating “Procurement consultant for ATC (coordinator)” in the subject line by COB December 15, 2019.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.