Policy Development Specialist for USAID DOBRE Program/ Спеціаліст з розробки політики в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Policy Development Specialist for the five-year USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) project. This project will strengthen local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Policy Development Specialist will support and coordinate activities related to DOBRE’s Objective 1.4 Legal Enabling Environment for Effective Local Government Improved.
- Work closely with Policy Development Expert to support aspects of policy development, establishing an enabling environment for local governance, and working with oversight Ministries on establishing a more effective role in the decentralization system
- Help organize events, workshops and public activities related to policy development activities
- Work collaboratively with other project components to meet overall program objectives.
- Help prepare required reports on Policy Development Activities
- Participate in the development of the annual work plan
- Support capacity building within relevant government ministries, and the Verkhovna Rada to analyze and develop legislation and regulations in a participatory manner
- Research and draft policy briefs to stimulate public and private sector dialogue.
- Organize policy and regulatory dialogue events in concert with project partners.
- Assist the Expert in writing scopes of work for needed STTA assistance and then support supervising their work
- Communicate with partners, stakeholders and program beneficiaries, disseminate program updates and collect input.
- Organize and maintain files and records for the Policy Development component.
- Coordinate with other technical components to aid cohesion among program interventions.
- Draft program highlights, summaries, and weekly reports.
- Assist with any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of decentralization and local governance concepts
- Strong research skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with national government officials, local government associations, local government officials, civic leaders, media, and other key stakeholders in the policy process.
- Relevant experience in policy development, group facilitation, capacity building/training.
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Must have Professional level English ability – both written and oral.
- Professional-level Ukrainian written and oral skills.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in policy development or related field
- Understanding of local governance and decentralization in Ukraine
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in public administration, public policy, political science, or related field or additional 3 years of relevant experience.
Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Must be able and willing to occasionally travel domestically to regional offices and program sites.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CVs and Covers Letters to [email protected]g by COB Friday, June 12, 2020, indicating position title in the subject line.
No telephone enquiries.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited.