Консультанти з медичних питань для розробки програми тренінгового курсу з ґендерної обізнаності для медичних працівників/ Medical Consultants on Developing a Training Course on Gender Awareness for Health Care Workers
Deloitte is seeking qualified candidates to serve as Medical Consultants on Developing a Gender Awareness for Health Care Workers in support of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS). The position is part-time and will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Period of Performance: November 2021 – June 2022 with possible extension
Level of Effort: 40 working days for each consultant (the number of working days of each consultant will be discussed individually)
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID/UKAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which includes:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
Medical Consultants on Developing a Course on Gender Awareness for Health Care Workers will work under Project’s Objective 3. Strengthen the health workforce and provide support in developing and conducting the course on Gender Awareness in health care and Gender-sensitive approach in the work of health care providers. Gender-sensitive approach equip health care providers with knowledge and understanding of the differences, inequalities and varying needs of people of all gender identities. The course will be implemented both offline and online, depending on quarantine restrictions.
Medical Consultants on Developing a Course on Gender Awareness for Health Care Workers is expected to develop the course curriculum, conduct pilot training modules, create open online courses and develop educational materials for primary health care providers. It is expected that consultants will:
- Participate in developing a detailed program of the course identifying training topics, their structure, and methods of training, providing knowledge of the needs in the daily practice of primary health care physicians
- Сonduct pilot training modules on Gender Awareness in health care and Gender-sensitive approach in the work of health care for a limited audience
- Participate in the creation of the online course conducting lectures on selected topics
- Develop educational materials that include: Guide on gender-sensitive approach, materials, presentations for the training modules, etc.
- Cooperate and maintain dialogue with activity’s counterparts
- Work in a team with other consultants, cooperate with other local experts during the implementation of the activity.
The content of the course is expected to cover the following topics:
- Gender awareness in the practice of health care providers and gender-sensitive approach in health care
- Communication with patients, best practices of and tools for gender-sensitive patient counseling on a primary health care level
- Usage of data on patient’s interaction with the medical system for providing balanced patient coverage and improving health awareness in the community
- Tolerance in health care providers practice, understanding inequalities, and work with patients from vulnerable groups
- Master’s degree in public health, medicine, or other related areas.
- Experience working in health care facilities
- Experience in working with health workers community, in particular conducting training modules or similar events for medical workers that would cover topics of doctor-patient communication, work with patients from vulnerable groups, tolerance and inclusion, discrimination and stigma, mental health and psychological wellbeing or other related topics)
- Experience in developing and delivering training modules/educational events
- Experience in gender issues, including the development of methodological/educational materials, conducting research/assessments, writing articles, conducting training modules/workshops, will be an asset
- Experience in developing training materials, guidance, or other learning materials
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- No less than two years of experience working with USAID projects or other technical assistance projects will be an asset.
Both individual experts and companies may apply.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference/reference contacts to [email protected] no later than October 3, 2021. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Medical Consultants on Developing a Training Course on Gender Awareness”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.