Консультант з підтримки та розвитку директорату громадського здоров’я МОЗ України/ Short-Term Technical Assistance Consultant On Organizational Support and Development of the MOH Public Health Directorate
Deloitte is seeking resumes for qualified candidates to provide short-term technical assistance (STTA) on organizational support and development of the MOH Public Health Directorate in support of the USAID Health Reform Support project. The position is short-term and will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Period of Performance: March 18 – June 21, 2019
LOE: 66 working days
- Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of USAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
It is envisioned that the STTA on organizational support and development of the MOH Public Health Directorate will provide technical assistance on behalf of USAID Health Reform Support project to the Ministry of Health Public Health Directorate, as required. This position will require close collaboration with the Government of Ukraine, USAID, civil society organizations, and other donor organizations.
The responsibilities of the STTA will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Provide organizational support and development to the Public Health Directorate;
- Provide assistance on Directorate’s operational planning and staff capacity building;
- Coordinate work with outsourced organizations on organizational development;
- Assist in formulation of evidence-based policies to control the spread of communicable diseases and evaluate the effectiveness of disease control strategies;
- Keep records of international meetings and events that the Directorate may participate in;
- Organize and support the Directorate’s workflow;
- Organize meetings with partners and donors;
- Organize program documents for the Directorate;
- Prepare administrative and program documents, such as letters, certificates and orders;
- Support the Directorate on Administrative issues, such as setting up the office of the Directorate, answering phone calls (no more than 10% of the time), providing supplies (stationery, consumables, IT support), and maintaining a joint calendar for the Directorate;
- Provide other supporting activities and/or public health functions prioritized by MOH PH Directorate, specified in the detailed monthly activity plan and agreed with the Project and MOH PH Directorate.
- Qualification requirements (minimum):
- University education in Public Health, Health Science, Global/International Health, Medicine, Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Care Management or other relevant discipline;
- Understanding of the concept of public health; and specifically, good understanding of Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases Control and Prevention, Immunization and Blood Safety would be an advantage;
- At least 1 year of proven work experience in the area of administrative and organizational support, preferably to health programs, institutions, projects; experience in the area of public health will be an advantage;
- Experience working with the Ukrainian Government institutions will be preferred;
- Any health reform support experience and general understanding of Ukraine’s health system and reform concepts, including public health system reform, will be preferred;
- Computer literacy skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); familiarity with data visualization tools would be an advantage;
- Ability to work in politically-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be employed as an Individual Entrepreneur (single tax payer, 3rd category);
- Excellent interpersonal communicational and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing skills in Ukrainian;
- English proficiency will be preferred.
- Expected position duration and workload:
The expected period of performance for this STTA will be from March 18, 2019 to June 21, 2019. The anticipated level of effort for this STTA will be 40 hours per week and the total LOE of the services will be 66 working days (1 working day = 8 hours). The anticipated working place will be the MOH Public Health Directorate.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, their daily rate expectations and list of two professional references to [email protected] no later than March 10, 2019. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “STTA: Public Health Directorate“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.