Консультант у сфері охорони здоров’я для Дрогобицької міської ради
Проект USAID “Підтримка організацій-лідерів у протидії корупції в Україні “ВзаємоДія” (SACCI) ” шукає консультанта у сфері охорони здоров’я для Дрогобицької міської ради (далі – англ.).
Short-term Consultant (STTA) on Healthcare Policy Impact Analysis for the Municipality of Drohobych
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The municipality of Drohobych is one of the SACCI’s counterpart institution. SACCI provides technical support to the municipality to strengthen transparency and integrity mechanisms within the city administration.
Improving health system administration in the context of healthcare reform is one of the priority areas of the municipality. Capacity and funding of the Drohobych 2nd level (specialized) health facilities have been stretched since commencement of the healthcare reform, and facilities struggle providing services to patients from Drohobych city and neighboring towns and villages. The Drohobych municipality considers implementing a Medical Information System (MIS) linked to the national eHealth system at those 2nd level health facilities by purchasing the system form one of the certified by the Ministry of Health providers ( https://portal.ehealth.gov.ua/providers.html ) . Different versions of MIS have been installed in a number of health facilities in Ukraine and are proven to reducing opportunities to corruption and making service delivery more transparent and efficient. The Drohobych municipality also expects that by implementing MIS the facilities will be able to improve service reimbursement processes.
SACCI is seeking a short-term expert to conduct an analysis of the economic and social impact of the implementation of the comprehensive MIS in the Drohobych 2nd level health facilities. In particular, the analysis should seek to answer the following questions:
- How the implementation of MIS could impact the access of citizens from the city of Drohobych and neighboring towns and villages to the Drohobych 2ndlevel facilities?
- How the implementation of MIS will impact healthcare management and funding of the Drohobych 2ndlevel facilities?
- What is the background for emergence of this challenge and what impact has the current healthcare reform had on the situation as of today?
- What are the examples in the rest of Ukraine in implementing similar MIS and their impact on patient accessibility? If there were such problems, what solutions have been applied to alleviate the problem?
- What is the recommended course of action regarding introduction of a full-fledged MIS for the 2ndlevel health facilities in the Drohobych municipality?
To answer these questions, the expert will conduct a desk study of the situation with health reform implementation in greater Drohobych area and will conduct a series of consultations with the healthcare management community of Drohobych, settlements in Drohobych rayon, and the city of Truskavets. The expert can use both face-to-face and at-distance consultations.
The expert will prepare a report in English or Ukrainian summarizing findings, conclusions and recommendations. The expert will present results to the SACCI and, upon SACCI request, may present it to the USAID mission in Ukraine.
The Expert will work closely with the SACCI program team. S/he is expected to travel to Drohobych region through the course of the assignment. The expected length of the assignment shall not exceed 30 expert days. The assignment is expected to start end-December 2018 and last until the end of February 2019.
- Master’s degree in public or business administration, healthcare management, law or related areas;
- At least 5 years of practical experience of producing policy analysis for international donor projects or for private sector companies in Ukraine or abroad (preferably with concentration in healthcare-related issues);
- Understanding of the current healthcare reform in Ukraine (including the systems related to budgeting, eHealth) is essential;
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience in communication and cooperation with public authorities;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian required. Working level of English (oral and writing).
Application submission deadline is 17 December 2018, by 6:00 PM Kyiv time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please use the link to submit your applications though Internet Explorer.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.