Individual consultant to facilitate the online National dialogue between civil society, National TB Program and health services to provide people-centered TB care in the Republic of Armenia/ Консультант
The TB Europe Coalition (“TBEC”), non-profit foundation registered in the Netherlands, is pleased to announce a call for expression of interest to facilitate the online National dialogue between civil society, National TB Program and health services to provide people-centered TB care in the Republic of Armenia in the framework of the implementation of the current tasks of the Global Fund Multi-Country Program “Advancing People-Centered Quality TB Care – From the New Model of Care Towards Improving DR-TB Early Detection and Treatment Outcomes” (TB-REP 2.0).
Objective of the assignment:
The purpose of the activity is to conduct the online National stakeholder dialogue (two meetings approximately 4 hours each with a break in between in month) for bridging the gap between civil society and the health services for ensuring quality people-centered TB services. Recommendations developed as a result of the first meeting within the National dialogue will serve as a background for the development of the country roadmaps, outlining the next steps and mechanisms of coordination to improve effectiveness of the cooperation between National TB programs, health providers and civil society.
Online National dialogue in Republic of Armenia will be held tentatively in September-October, 2020.
Scope of work:
Individual Consultant will be expected to:
- In cooperation with the TBEC secretariat:
- Lead on the development of the Agenda of online National dialogue in Republic of Armenia in consultation with national partners and decision makers;
- Develop the materials for the group works and consult on speakers presentations for the online National dialogue in Republic of Armenia;
- Facilitate the online National dialogue in Republic of Armenia (2 online meetings with a break in the month);
- Prepare the report on the main findings following the National dialogue in Republic of Armenia, which should include: analysis of the gaps and opportunities as for multistakeholders’ cooperation for quality people-centred TB care specific to the countries’ context; mapping of the available governmental and non-governmental services for TB patients and affected communities; description of functions of the TB service-providers across sectors; analysis of the barriers, experienced by people with TB through the continuum of TB care (from the symptoms to post-treatment adaptation); recommendations as for the improvement of the referral systems between TB service providers across the sectors;
- Finalize report after comments received from TBEC secretariat and TB-REP 2.0 partners;
- Provide a feedback to the country roadmap or recommendations/additions to the national policy documents and community policy advocacy plan, developed as a follow up of the National dialogue.
Duration of the assignment and remuneration provisions:
- The work is expected to start after signature of the specific agreement with individual consultant.
- The duration of agreement is August 19, 2020 – November 30, 2020.
- Payment will be made based on the results of the National dialogue in Republic of Armenia, provision of all deliverables to TBEC team and revision of report according to comment received from all TB-REP 2.0 partners.
- Remuneration will be paid in US Dollars, so Consultant shall have a USD bank account.
- The Consultant will be responsible for the payment of taxes according to the laws of his(her) country of residence
Individual Consultant, providing consultancy services, is expected to have a strong background in TB and civil society, as well as good understanding of overall context of the TB programs specific to the country(s) environment.
Consultant should meet the following qualifications:
- Educational background in social work or social science, public health, health policy epidemiology, public administration and in other relevant fields (or commensurable working experience).
- Knowledge and understanding of the national and regional responses to TB, particularly on WHO recommended strategies for people-centred TB care in the EECA region;
- Understanding of TB epidemiology, TB policies and interventions, and health systems in the country;
- Understanding of the policy context of the EECA region, particularly on transition to people-centered models of TB care; communities, rights and gender; and multisectoral accountability processes
- Familiarity with the civil society and TB affected communities’ actors in the country and the country-specific social context they operate in;
- Proven experience in developing recommendations for people-centred TB approach;
- Experience of conducting National dialogues between health and civil society providers;
- Experience of providing consultancy services under regional projects is an asset.
- Experience of providing consultancy services under TBEC projects is considered an asset.
- Proven experience in program monitoring and evaluation, particularly on evidence-based outcomes of service delivery impact;
- Confident facilitation skills in small/large groups with diverse constituencies
- Ability to formulate conclusions, and recommendations for strengthening TB prevention, care and control activities and intersectoral cooperation between TB stakeholders;
- Good writing and reporting skills (in English and Russian);
- Cultural-sensitive communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Russian is required.
- Knowledge of English is desired.
- Individual consultants are invited to submit expression of interest for the consultancy services mentioned above.
- TBEC offers the following type of cooperation:
- Consultancy Agreement with an Individual Consultant/Expert. The Consultant will be responsible for the payment of taxes according to the laws of his(her) country of residence. Remuneration will be paid in US Dollars, so consultant shall have a USD bank account.
- The contract will be awarded on the competitive basis to a Consultant/Expert with the highest qualifications and meeting all requirements described in Terms of References (ToR). Consultant will be evaluated based on the qualifications.
- Your expression of interest should contain the following documents:
- CV with proven experience and qualifications (in Eng/Rus, not more than 3 pages).
- Motivation letter (in Eng/Rus, not more than 3 pages), clearly describing existing experience in the area of the proposed assignment
Failure to meet this requirements will lead to automatic disqualification of application;
- All documents for expression of your interest should be submitted electronically to Anna Medvedenko, Administrative Officer, TBEC, at the following address [email protected]
- The deadline for receipt of your expression of interest: August 18, 2020, 6 PM, Kyiv time. Late proposals will be rejected.
- Selected candidate will be contacted by August 21, 2020.
- The evaluation and selection will be conducted through procurement procedures set out in the TB-REP2.0 sub-grant agreement between TBEC and PAS Center, as a TB-REP2.0 Principle Recipient of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and are aligned to the World Bank Guidelines. Questions regarding procurement procedures as well as other related to the topic of the current request can be addressed to Anna Medvedenko, Administrative Officer, TBEC, at the following address [email protected].
 All the short-listed Consultants/Experts will be included in the TBEC Consultancy pool for potential future cooperation according to the Consultants’ expertize.