IFES шукає асистента з фінансових питань
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will play a key role in providing ongoing administrative support to ensure effective implementation of IFES programs.
This position is contingent on donor funding and if awarded will begin on/about November 10, 2018.
Under the direction of the IFES Ukraine Country Director and Senior Finance Specialist, the Finance Assistant’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the monthly program financial cycle, by assisting in the preparation of monthly wire transfer requests and monthly finance expense reports for IFES headquarters.
- Assist in preparing travel expense reports for office staff.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining files: financial records, inventory, payment vouchers in accordance with internal rules, and donor guidelines.
- Collect and verify the accuracy of accounting documentation (time sheets, invoices, supporting documents, etc.)
- Facilitating payment requests, including checking invoices, contract terms, MSFRs and tracking consultant’s contracts, and providing a full payment package to Senior Finance Specialist or Finance Officer for payment processing
- Conducting debarment checks (vendors and batch files for participants)
- Provide temporary backup support in the absence of the Finance Officer.
- Translate invoices and other financial documents as requested.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and respond to and follow-up on all requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as required by management team.
Skills and specifications
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment; and
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field required;
- Prior experience in accounting
- Previous experience working with a development project, NGO or International Organization is preferred
- Skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks and online banking is strongly preferred
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs and letters of interest, with “Application for Finance Assistant” in the subject line, to Viktoriia Opryshko [email protected] no later than 02 November, 2018. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis until position is filled