IFES оголошує конкурс на посаду: Senior Advisor, Political and Legislative Affairs
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a non-profit international organization, supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials, and by empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
IFES works to foster discussion on electoral law reform, build the capacity of civil society to analyze and advocate on election law issues, ensure Ukraine’s ability to enact critical political finance reforms through assistance to the National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption (NAPC), and strengthen the capacity of election officials through technical assistance to the Central Election Commission (CEC). IFES support has focused on both the process and content of reform by promoting inclusive dialogue among stakeholders and providing technical assistance in the development of legislation consistent with international and European standards. Dovetailing with election law reform is the objective to improve transparency and oversight of political finance. IFES has been directly involved in the conceptualization and drafting of reform legislation, including recent efforts to reform the Law on Local Elections and comprehensive political finance reform. In addition, IFES is working with local civil society organizations to develop and promote measures that address women’s underrepresentation in Ukrainian politics and make local and national elections more accessible to persons with disabilities.
IFES is a leader in the field of public opinion research in Ukraine. Since 1994, IFES has conducted 25 nationwide public opinion surveys in the country, examining socio-political issues, and attitudes towards elections and democracy, among other topics. Data from these surveys have enabled IFES to focus its technical assistance and to provide valuable and up to date information and analysis to donors and researchers
The Senior Advisor will design and implement IFES Ukraine’s strategic communication and advocacy efforts, and will produce advisory analyses and consultation to IFES Ukraine and its partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for external relations with and strategic communication to political actors particularly parliamentarians, political parties, factions and leaders at both national and subnational level;
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of key actors around electoral reform;
- Design and oversee implementation of a comprehensive advocacy strategy in pursuit of all electoral and money-in-politics reform ambitions;
- Produce high-level analysis and outputs, such as articles, interviews, speeches and special reports on key policy issues related to electoral reform;
- In collaboration with the Country Director maintain a standing policy brief on the state of electoral reform in Ukraine;
- Contribute to all IFES reporting, particularly the electoral bulleting and special reports;
- Contribute to IFES’ development efforts, diversification and fundraising;
- Oversee the facilitation of and accompany VIP visits;
- When called upon by Chief of Party (COP), represent IFES at formal events, such as conferences and receptions;
- Extensive review responsibilities of outputs for external audiences;
- Support Country Director and Senior Operations Officer when called upon.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- An exceptional communicator with strong ability to debate and advocate complex political issues and build consensus;
- An extensive existing network throughout the political environment in Ukraine;
- Extensive experience in analysis, policy formation, strategy development and follow-through;
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- The ability to initiate, conceptualize and complete complex tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Project management skills preferred;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Must value operating in a collaborative, dynamic and intense environment;
- Previous experience working in international organizations and comprehensive understanding of international actors on Ukrainian affairs is preferred;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree in relevant field;
- Minimum of ten years of relevant working experience;
- Experience working on policy, democracy and governance programs;
- Excellent knowledge of political issues and elections;
- Excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s media, civil society and policy landscape and stakeholders;
- Experience working on US, UK and/or Canada-funded activities;
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest in English, with “Application for Senior Advisor 2018” in the subject line, to Viktoriia Opryshko at
[email protected] no later than May 03, 2018.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.