Grants Officer / Грантовий спеціаліст
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting a Grants Officer for the GAC-funded project Women of Ukraine: Heard, Capable, Resilient implemented by Pact in Ukraine is aimed at greater realization of human rights and access to high quality services among women and girls in Ukraine and the advancement of gender equality across the country.
The Grants Officer is responsible for ensuring the highest level of integrity in the management of sub-grants including proper adherence to Pact and GAC policies and procedures.
- Develop grant documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team and the Project’s Finance and Grants Officer to execute quality agreements.
- Under oversight of the Project’s Finance and Grants Officer, coordinate calls for proposals.
- Manage the selection of grants and liaise heavily with the Review Committee members.
- Administer, pre-award assessment, negotiation, and monitoring/compliance visits.
- Utilize Pact’s Subaward Management System (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is uploaded and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee the implementation of grants from the operational perspective and be responsible for sub-grantee’s reports timely submission, review and approval.
- Work closely with the Finance and Grants Officer to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Support closeout of sub-grants, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in International Relations/ Political Science / Social Science, Business Administration and International Economics.
- At least 5 years working experience with international technical assistance programs
- Understanding of NGOs grant management cycle and outreach activities.
- Experience working within complex networks and addressing issues of internal governance and management, dispute resolution, and fair and transparent decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to deal – independently and as a team member – with a wide range of people, situations and languages
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a wide range of issues
- Ability to patiently and diplomatically forge consensus between diverse stakeholders on grant making issues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Excellent communications, writing (including editing) and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Highly effective administration skills including computing, word processing and internet
- Pro-active, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
To apply please send cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than COB February 10, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.