Grants Manager for USAID DOBRE Program/ Менеджер з грантів в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Grants Manager for the five-year USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) project. This project will strengthen local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grants Manager will oversee all DOBRE grant activities including developing budgets and sub-awards, contracts, ensuring full utilization of grant funds, covering programmatic and financial documentation of and reporting on activities. S/he will issue and oversee all subawards according to Global Communities’ proven processes and extensive experience in transparently and efficiently administering subawards to international and local organizations around the world to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, including 2 CFR 200, as well as Global Communities’ policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with the DOBRE program through a thorough review of program materials and information and orientation with key staff.
- Developing RFAs or RFPs for contracts and subgrants to carry out activities on behalf of DOBRE or as part of the DOBRE Incentive Grants Fund;
- Selecting subgrantees or contractors through an open and transparent process that includes community input, including opening bids in front of the community;
- Conducting pre-award assessments of all subawardees to certify their financial management systems and verify that they are registered in accordance with Ukrainian law;
- Obtaining approval from USAID and Global Communities for all subawards;
- Effectively monitoring and documenting subaward activities, as well as issues that arise and efforts to address them;
- Building the capacity of DOBRE local partners and Incentive Grants Fund subawardees to implement, document, and report on activities through training and coaching; and
- Assist with any other duties as required by Supervisor.
- At least three years’ experience managing USAID-funded grants and contracts activities.
- Experience with USAID reporting requirements
- Knowledge of grant application scoring, funding cycles, logic models.
- Demonstrated computer and typing skills; Excel and Word skills are essential.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Ability to manage staff and workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably in business administration, public administration or international development, OR post-secondary education and training with significant prior experience AND at least two years grants management experience, preferably working with an international NGO. A Master’s degree may be substituted for one year of work experience.
Professional proficiency in written and spoken English, and Ukrainian and/or Russian. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Must be able and willing to frequently travel domestically to regional offices and program sites.
Candidates are asked to submit resumes and cover letters in English to: [email protected] indicating the position title in the subject line by June 25, 2018.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.