Event Officer for USAID DOBRE Program/ Спеціаліст із проведення заходів в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
The project strengthens local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Events Officer for the USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Event Officer will be responsible for logistical planning, procurement, and administrative oversight of DOBRE-organized events, including local and international study tours, seminars, conferences, workshops, and other activities.
The Event Officer will be placed within DOBRE procurement department and report to Procurement Manager. He/she will work closely with vendors, DOBRE technical team and Regional Managers to support the preparation and implementation of events according to USAID and Global Communities rules and regulations.
The Event Officer will work closely with DOBRE finance team to ensure proper submission of supporting documents, reviewing for completeness and accuracy, preparing payment vouchers and submitting for review and approval.
- Work closely with DOBRE technical staff to ensure proper preparation for the event;
- Manage and coordinate vendors and all event logistics;
- Liase with vendors to ensure the event is run smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur;
- Collect and review invoices, acts of acceptances and other relevant documents from the vendors;
- Work closely with finance team to ensure timely payment for delivered events;
- Prepare Payment Request forms and Payment Orders to ensure payments compliant with Global Communities internal policies and donor regulations;
- Assist technical team with the preparation of Event Management Requisitions (EMRs), Requests for Proposal and coordinate their timely execution;
- Work with relevant team members to ensure adequate documentation is secured in support of events such as trainings, workshops, local and international study tours, work planning sessions, and other meetings involving project staff and other stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, project management or related field
- Proven experience as event manager to support donor-funded activities;
- Skilled in project management;
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills required
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation
- Initiative, problem-solving, and multi-tasking team player with leadership skills;
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
Candidates will be asked to submit their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] by July 10, 2019 indicating position title in the subject line.
No telephone calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.