Cоmmunications Specialist, Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
Communications Specialist (CS) will support SACCI to build the communications and outreach capacity of Ukrainian counterpart institutions on the national, regional and local levels to develop and implement effective anticorruption communication strategies. CS will be responsible for the media promotion of SACCI activities and will work with partners/vendors to ensure the compliance of media materials with USAID regulations. CS will contribute to the SACCI program activities planning, design and reporting. He/she will report to the Communications Team Lead (CTL) with the ultimate supervision of Chief of Party.
This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Contributes into the SACCI effort developing and implementing anticorruption communications activities;
- Contribute to the SACCI activities in building capacity and skills of SACCI counterparts and beneficiaries in the government, civil society and the mass media in developing and implementing effective public communication activities;
- Support CTL in managing SACCI partner organizations, grantees, service providers and consultants in implementing activities towards reaching SACCI project objectives and targets;
- Participate in writing, production, or editing of project materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and success stories related to project activities and accomplishments;
- Facilitate the production or developing of customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, videos, and other communication products related to project activities and anti-corruption reform;
- Organize and support workshops, trainings, and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning;
- Develop TORs for communications products made by external contractors;
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets;
- Check communications products of SACCI and SACCI partners for compliance with USAID, MSI, and USAID SACCI branding and marking policy;
- Collaborate with the SACCI team on achieving results and reaching targets;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- At least three years of relevant experience conducting strategic communications activities on the issues of public social and political concerns.
- Experience working with governmental and civil society institutions in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities desired, but not obligatory.
- Demonstrated understanding of communicating the key public policy issues including anti-corruption to different audiences.
- Experience in developing and conducting large scale communications campaigns preferred.
- Experience working with developing communication materials using computer graphic applications, for example: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Piktochart, Prezi, etc desired.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects and familiarity with USAID communications policies is an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English
*Deadline for applying for this position – August 14,2020*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com