Communication Specialist for CUTIS project / Спеціаліст(-ка) з комунікацій в проект CUTIS
The Conference Board of Canada (CBoC) is implementing a five-year Canada-Ukraine Trade and Investment Support (CUTIS) Project funded by Global Affairs Canada to help increase exports from Ukraine to Canada and Investment from Canada to Ukraine. CUTIS is currently seeking a Communication Specialist, reporting to the CUTIS Ukrainian Project Director.
- Develop and implement the Project’s long-term communication strategy and annual communication plan, with clear objectives and indicators; coordinate communications and outreach efforts with other activities under the Project.
- Work closely with project staff to research and collect information about the project’s impact and achievements.
- Develop and edit Project’s information, communication and promotion materials in English and Ukrainian, including success stories, newsletters, fact sheets, leaflets, brochures, articles, videos, and others.
- Maintain social media content in English and Ukrainian (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), ensuring the timely posting of relevant information and updates.
- Contribute and manage information for the projects’ websites.
- Develop and implement the Project’s public relations activities, organize interviews and media events, prepare press releases on the Project activities in both English and Ukrainian for distribution to mass media.
- Coordinate the production and printing work of the agencies involved in the creation of audio/video/animation/print products for the Project.
- Maintain a photo library and provide the Project with communication support, as needed.
- Ensure both wide and targeted distribution of project reports and information materials among partners and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Provide technical assistance to government actors and businesses on strategic communications and outreach.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project management.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related fields.
- At least three years of successful work experience in the areas of communications.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills in both English and Ukrainian are essential.
- Experience in the writing/production of media outreach materials (e.g., press releases, media advisories).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with International Development programs is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, strong interpersonal communication, networking, facilitation, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience of producing infographics.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and cover letter by July 2, 2018 to [email protected].
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.