Асистент з фінансів: Сhemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Finance Assistant in Kyiv
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks multiple candidates for two Finance Assistant positions for the USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI)-funded Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II). The position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
USAID’s Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II) complements ongoing USAID efforts to create a prosperous and stable Ukraine. The program provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance to Ukrainian partners in support of successful, peaceful democratic transition and community cohesion in the wake of the conflict and deepened social tensions in the East.
The program’s overarching objectives are to:
- Increase citizen support for and participation in the development of a modern, inclusive Ukrainian identity, and
- Increase citizen confidence and engagement in the reform process at the local level.
The majority of UCBI II assistance is delivered as grants to local partners, including goods, services, and technical support. UCBI works closely with a range of partners, including national and local civilian government entities, civil society organizations, and community leaders to ensure that activities respond to local priorities and address underlying tensions. Chemonics International is USAID’s implementing partner for the UCBI II program
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Review all payment requests generated by the program, ensuring that all back-up documentation and approvals are available for transactions.
- Prepare electronic payment files for e-signature by Procurement Manager (PM) or Grants Manager (GM.)
- Scan and file accounting documents and prepare shipments of files to the home office as required.
- Proactively identify errors and/or missing documentation to ensure compliance of financial documentation.
- Assist the finance and administration team with ensuring all financial documentation is filed (securely) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions, and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by management.
- Assist the F&A Director with occasional auditing of expenses, bank deposits, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for in-kind and cash grants, other program activities, and program operations.
- Collect biodata verification documents from local Short-Term Technical Assistants (STTAs) and prepare biodata verification packages for GM/ F&A Director review
- Liaise with STTAs to draft short-term service agreements and execute Acts of Acceptance in a timely manner
- Maintain the office and program in-kind inventory tracker
- Provide general assistance to the Accountant with the preparation and review of expense reports and travel advances.
- Cover for the Office Manager/Accountant in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the F&A Director.
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required OR at least one (1) year of relevant bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office management and knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices as well as general best practices in Ukraine.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgment that reflects positively on the UCBI II program.
- Detailed knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including financial management applications such as ABACUS or others.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by December 17, 2018. Please insert the position you are applying for (“Finance Assistant – Kyiv”) in the subject line and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”