Administrative Assistant for USAID DOBRE office in Ternopil/ Адміністративний асистент в програму USAID DOBRE в м. Тернопіль
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
The Program will strengthen local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
Global Communities is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) Program office in Ternopil city.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibilities will include administrative support to Regional Manager and Finance and Administration Officer to ensure efficient operation of the office through a variety of tasks related to day-to-day administrative, logistics, procurement, travel and finance issues at the DOBRE Regional office in Ternopil.
This includes, but not limited to, assistance in handling logistics relating to staff travel, maintenance of office premises and equipment, etc., procurement of stationery and other supplies, payment of bills, timely submission of all finance, procurement, administrative and logistics documents and reports.
- Assist Finance and Administration Officer to make travel arrangements for regional staff in terms of preparing and checking documentation, where needed coordinate with the staff in Kyiv office for making such arrangements; this may involve renting vehicles, making hotel reservations, dealing with travel agent, etc.;
- Assist in preparing documentation for procurement of stationery and travel arrangements;
- Assist in office and equipment maintenance, office cleaning services, etc;
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office including greeting visitors, directing them to the appropriate DOBRE staff member;
- Assist in collection of procurement supporting documents, preparing payment vouchers and time reporting records (timesheets);
- Be responsible for copying, scanning, filing and maintaining of procurement, accounting and finance records, reports and other documents in a proper and sequential manner;
- Be responsible for postal services registration;
- Assist in grant process (project registration, sharing the set of documents on common file, registration of the documents for non-monetary contribution) for regional staff;
- Assist in maintaining leave tracking system (sick/annual /holiday/leave without pay) for regional staff;
- Maintain an accurate staff contact list for DOBRE regional office;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Regional Manager and/or Finance and Administration Officer.
- Backstop Admin/Finance Officer in her absence.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- University diploma or equivalent;
- At least one year experience in a similar capacity is preferred;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Prior experience in international environment is preferred;
- Ability to speak, read and write in English;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Proficient in MS Office.
Candidates are asked to submit their CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] by July 11, 2019.
No telephone calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.