Аdministrative and finance officer
DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF’s Foundation Council comprises 63 member states, the Canton of Geneva and six permanent observers. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
The DCAF`s Police Program within the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) division is in its initial phase of starting a project “Police Assistance Project on Strategic Reform Capacities on the NPU (PSRC-NPU)”. This project is to be funded by the Global Affairs Canada – Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOPs) and aims to strengthen the capacity of the Strategic Reform Unit (SRU) in advising the National Police of Ukraine (NPU) in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing reform processes that integrate a gender perspective and enhancing NPU management capacity to implement these reforms.
The DCAF`s ECA division for the project `Police Assistance Project on Strategic Reform Capacities for the National Police of Ukraine, (PSRC-NPU)` is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to be:
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE OFFICER (AFO – 100%)
Location: Project office in Kyiv, Ukraine
Starting date: 1st February 2020 or upon mutual agreement
Duration: 33 months national service contract. The contract is a subject to an annual renewal based on the availability of funds.
The administrative and finance officer responsible for the administrative and finance management related duties in the office. S/he will manage employee records, organize files, answer calls, and provide support for the entire office team. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to handle financial records and expenses in close coordination with the DCAF PSRC-NPU Project Team.
Key areas of operation:
- Perform all financial, administrative, procurement and logistic related tasks facilitating the functioning of the DCAF Project Office in compliance with the DCAF`s rules and procedures;
- Organizing PSRC-NPU Project related events, expert missions, study visits, other;
- Collaborate closely with the Office’ and DCAF`s PSRC – NPU Project teams to provide comprehensive and up to date financial and office related information;
- Support Project activities in close coordination with the Project Team in Geneva;
- Monitor media and other published reports from relevant institutions;
- Perform desk research;
- Translate and proofread project related documents;
- Any other activities related to the Project`s implementation;
- In charge of the office safety rules (e.g. anti-fire safety procedures and other).
- University degree with specialized certification in Personnel Administration, Accounting and/or Finance, Economics, Law, International relations;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in assisting project management including financial aspects, and the organisation of conferences, workshops and training activities, is an asset;
- Computer literacy (in MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluency in written and spoken of both the English and the Ukrainian (both oral and written) is mandatory. Knowledge of Russian languages is an asset.
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage a busy and varied work programme;
- Proactive, flexible, detail-oriented approach to tasks, and a service minded approach to supporting operations in the field.
- Good collaboration and communication skills, ability to build good working relations with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to [email protected] by 13th December 2019 with the subject heading PSRC-NPU Project `ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE OFFICER (AFO – 100%)`, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF,
- a concise CV (maximum two pages).
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed, been convicted of, nor prosecuted for, any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Please note that only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.